Golden Cacao Milk
One of world's most magnificent drinks from India is called Golden Milk. And for a good reason as it is gold colored from the turmeric, full of taste, warm and a vegan milky option. Cacao gives it an even deeper, healthy and happier effect.
You will need (so make sure you always have this restocked):
- Coconut and/or almond milk
- Pure cacao paste
- Black pepper
- Mix all ingredients (except cacao paste). You can use coconut or almond milk or combine both. If you use fresh turmeric and ginger you can grate or cut very small pieces and strain it later.
- Heat, but don't boil, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and add 20~30gr of pure cacao paste per person and whisk until everything is dissolved. You can also mix it in a blender or use a hand blender to make it easier and create a nice foamy top layer.
- Optionally add some honey, syrup or other sweetener to your liking.
- Make a compliment to the next person you'll meet.
Most delicious when served warm and fresh with a dash of cinnamon on top (bonus points if you add a cinnamon stick).